What is an English Hub?
English Hubs are primary schools that excel in early language and literacy teaching. We aim to support schools in achieving excellence in early literacy teaching through the initial focus of:
- Developing early language and closing the word gap
- Developing early reading through systematic synthetic phonics
- Promoting a love of reading
Our English Hub will support eligible schools to deliver excellent language and phonics teaching in reception and Key Stage 1. This will be achieved through: -
- Attendance on a showcase event where further information will be shared about our approach to the support that will be offered and enable you to discuss your school’s priorities and begin to establish networks with colleagues - funding will be available to support up to two members of staff from your school to attend
- An audit of your current early language and reading provision following the submission of a completed action plan which will set out your plans for improvement and any resource required.
- 6 days' worth of school-to-school delivered by our appointed Literacy Specialist Leaders for schools with the greatest need.
- Funding to support the delivery of the project and purchase of resources for schools with the greatest need.
How to request support
Any school can request support from the Flying High English Hub by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can be referred directly by the DfE or a National Leader of Education.