Joining the trust
Our vision and values:
The Flying High Trust was established in June 2012 with an outstanding Nottinghamshire school as the founder member. Since then we have grown to seventeen schools with further schools looking to join in the coming years.
The ethos behind the Trust is one of sustainable school improvement; schools joining the Trust do so with the prime aim of improving themselves and each other so that they can all become outstanding schools driven by a self-improving system. This is achieved through the development and embedding of the professional continuum; attracting high calibre trainees to our School Centred Initial Teacher Training programme, nurturing talent, providing high quality bespoke CPD to shape careers and ensuring we grow our own inspirational school leaders. Together we can achieve excellence. This ethos is guided by our core principles:
- Children first - at the heart of every decision is 'will this benefit our children'?
- Aspiration for all - children, staff, families and local communities to aim high and dream big. Look back with pride and forward with confidence.
- Ensuring our schools are at the heart of their communities, leading social change.
- Supporting meaningful partnerships - schools that support and challenge each other to become the best schools in the universe through mutual accountability.
- A commitment to continuous improvement - to strive to provide the best opportunities for our children so that they can look back with pride and forward with confidence.
- Primary led - this is our area of passion and expertise and we focus on developing the whole child and each child as an individual.
We aim for our schools to be the best schools in the universe!
By the end of their primary education we aim for all of our children to be ready for secondary school and be inspired to be the best they can be through our seven values:
The values are fundamental to everything the Trust represents; they run through all elements of school improvement and are understood and owned by all members of the school community. Schools with their own clear USP linked to their values blend together the Trust values with those held so dear within each individual school.
As a Trust Partnership our expectation is that all schools:
- Demonstrate a restlessness to continually improve, to never stand still, with the ultimate aim of providing the best opportunities and experiences for our children.
- Strive to ensure every child fulfils their potential regardless of potential barriers to learning.
- Commit to become an outstanding, self-improving school and to support the profession and development of all schools within the partnership.
- Commit to a school-led system.
- Commit to the values, principles, policies and procedures of the Trust.
- To ultimately strive to be the best school in the Universe.
In our schools you will see we work together to:
- Ensure schools feel connected to the Trust whilst maintaining their unique qualities, character and relationship with their community.
- Ensure high quality teaching and learning.
- Engage with our communities to raise aspiration for all.
- Develop the whole child and create inquisitive learners.
- Enable all children to be confident, building on strengths and improving in areas of need.
- Enable children to understand the part they play in the world in the future - as a positive citizen and a driver of business and enterprise.
- Support the development of all staff to be the best they can be and to realise their career potential.
How we could support your school:
Our vision is to enable all schools to be relentless in their strive to provide the very best opportunities and experiences for children. In achieving this we recognise that every school is unique and needs support in ensuring the school meets the needs of the local community. To this end all schools embrace an approach of "adopt, adapt and fly” so that any development is bespoke to the context of each school to enable their individuality to shine through.
Through meaningful partnership we have co-constructed a core offer of support for all schools. The central team meet regularly with Headteachers and Chairs of Governors to ensure that our development is collaborative and meets the needs of all. All schools have a voice in our collective development and in shaping the future of their individual school.
Our core includes:
Opportunities for staff:
- Individual CPD for staff at every stage of their career
- Supporting improvement together through networks, joint practice development, sharing best practice, joint INSET days and bespoke CPD for all
- Recruitment, retention and talent management – attracting the best staff, investing in them and helping support their career ambitions. We want the best staff for our children and to achieve this we are keen to be an employer of choice
- Wellbeing – recognising the tremendous contribution of our staff and working to ensure they feel supported and valued
Opportunities for children:
- A children's parliament that ensures children have a voice in shaping the Trust and their individual school
- Events to bring children together and recognize the unique talents of all through aspiration days, development of a Trust entitlement of experiences and opportunities for children, sports events, arts showcases and musical performances
- An end of year awards evening to celebrate the fantastic achievements of the children, staff, families and community members who help make our schools amazing
School improvement and quality assurance – ensuring schools continue to improve, whatever stage of their journey:
- Support through an individual action plan demonstrating how the school will work in partnership with the central team and partner schools to drive improvement.
- Deployment of staff to enable improvement: Specialist Leaders of Education, Lead Practitioners and Teachers, National Leaders of Governors, National Leaders of Education, school to school support and visits to schools exhibiting leading practice for mutual development and meaningful partnership
- A dedicated Director of Quality Assurance and School Improvement to provide support and challenge to school leaders – leaving nothing to chance!
- Your targets are our targets – we share the passion of staff in wanting the best for each individual child
- Challenge through an annual review to celebrate progress and identify next steps, governance support, data analysis and regular focused visits to work on priorities identified by your school
Supporting the business and operations function of schools:
- A central team supporting schools in business, finance, HR, ICT, estates, marketing and health and safety
- Common financial systems and reporting
- A common policy framework
- Support from consideration of joining the Trust and ongoing as an academy
- Shared procurement – ensuring we achieve best value and can capitalize on economies of scale to invest funding strategically and effectively focused on enabling children to achieve
- An estates development plan to ensure we do not only maintain our schools but invest in ensuring we develop our schools to be inspirational learning environments preparing our children for the future
If you wish to speak to the Trust central team please make contact via firstname.lastname@example.org or 0115 989 1915 – if you wish to express an interest more formally please complete the Expression of Interest form and submit to the Trust via email.
Consideration of joining a multi academy trust is a significant decision which requires a lot of research and due diligence – our central team will support you at every stage of the process. The Trust central team can present to governors, staff, senior leaders and arrange for you to visit schools across our partnership so you can hear first hand from staff, leaders and governors as to how joining the Trust has supported their development.
If and when a school wishes to progress with joining the partnership support will be provided at every step of the way:
- Presentations to all – including staff meetings, governor presentations and consultation meetings with parents, families and relevant members of your school community
- Support in submitting an academy order
- Full legal support
- Comprehensive support from the central team to support conversion and your induction into the partnership
- Enable improvement to be the focus from the very start enabling a smooth transition from maintained status to an academy within the Trust feeling fully supported as to how the Trust can support your school and how you can share the practice you are proud of with others