Times Tables with Karen Wilding
- Times Tables with Karen Wilding
- Nottinghamshire County Scout Council Meeting & Seminar facilities
Unit 1 Trinity House
- Monday 18th November 2019 from 09:30 until 3:30
- Lunch provided
- 10 remaining places
- £130.00 (members)
So, who is this course suitable for?
Primary teachers and teaching assistants
A day packed full of approaches to ensure your whole school’s teaching of times tables is embedded in meaning and application.
- Learn to effectively show our learners why times tables are so essential to gaining fluency multiplication, division, fractions, measures and more.
- Meet Ofsted’s new framework focus on teaching that ‘uses resources and approaches that enables pupils to understand the mathematics they are learning’, plan for ‘sufficient opportunities to revisit previously learned knowledge, concepts and procedures’ and enable pupils to make ‘useful connections between identified mathematical ideas’ and use these ‘across the curriculum’.
- Come away with exciting new ways of teaching multiplication facts and structures using the highly effective ‘Concrete-Pictorial-Abstract’ approach
- Plan to maximise learning links by creating cross-curricular links with subjects such as Geography, D&T and Art